Saturday 8 November 2014

To Read November 2014

This month is full of assignments and exams and the end of uni, so who knows how many books I'll get through. But I just thought I'd share some books I hope I'll get through.

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins (Editor) and many other YA authors including Rainbow Rowell, Jenny Han, David Levithan, Gayle Forman etc. 


I'm so excited to read this! Some of my favourite YA authors (Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins, among others) have written for this anthology of holiday stories. I couldn't wait for this book to be published/in stock in Australia, so I purchased it online. This is another example of how frustrating the America/Australia divide is, I need these books ASAP, and at an affordable price, and preferably paperback. Okay, thanks. [GOODREADS]

Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld


So excited to read this. This book is a dual narrative following a real life girl writing a novel (my dream) and the character she is writing in the novel. I don't know much else, but I've heard positive reviews for it. I've read Uglies and Pretties by Scott Westerfeld, and wasn't super impressed, but I can't wait to start reading this. I purchased this copy from Big W for $14, a total bargain. This paperback is also so much nicer than the hardback I saw while I Was in America. That was so expensive and SO HEAVY. [GOODREADS]

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


This is a must read ASAP. The hype around this book and the movie that was just released is incredible, and I need to get to this book. [GOODREADS]


Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve


This book looks like a video game, right? I have to read this for my university course, and to be honest, I'm not that excited to read it (hence why I've put it off for so long...). Anyways, I'll let you know if it meets my expectations (they are low). BTW, it's a sci-fi about cities that eat each other. 'Nuff said. [GOODREADS]

 Stardust by Neil Gaiman


This book is another one for uni, and it's probably the one I'm most interested in reading. Stardust is a fantasy novel about a young man who sets off in search of a star to prove his love to his 'true love'. I've seen the movie and quite enjoyed it, and I feel like I wouldn't read it/enjoy it without having seen the movie. It's one of those rare occasions for me. [GOODREADS]

 The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett


Another uni book, this one is another fantasy about a young girl called Tiffany Aching. I don't know much about this one, other than that it's set in Pratchett's Discworld which is apparently a very famous series of books (which I had otherwise never heard of). [GOODREADS]


Check out all my To Read Next books on my [GOODREADS] bookshelf, and leave me a message for what to read next!

Also, let me know how you prefer these types of posts to be formatted. I've mixed it up in my October Wrap Up and November To Be Read, let me know which you prefer!

No comments:

Post a Comment