Friday 27 December 2013

Most anticipated books of 2014!

So as it comes to the end of 2013, I'm looking at all the new books that will be appearing on my bookshelf and wishing the time would pass quicker. So, for your viewing pleasure, I have compiled a list of my most anticipated books which will be released (some time) in 2014! Start counting down the days...

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead

Expected Publication Date: July 29th 2014*

Official Cover
The fifth book in the Bloodlines series, which is a spin off of the Vampire Academy series, will be released next year, and I can't wait. This series just gets better and better. After the cliffhanger of Fiery Heart, I can't wait to get my hands on this one, so many Sydrian feels! Just ignore the tacky and ugly cover.

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare

Expected Publication Date: May 27th 2014*

Placeholder Cover
Do people still care about Clary and Jace? Who cares. This is the final (FINAL) book in Cassandra Clare's amazing and ground breaking series (only in that it gave us The Infernal Devices and Will and Jem), and no matter who you are, you will be itching to finish this series. I assume something will happen with Sebastian and all loose ends will be tied blah blah blah. But who really cares about that? JEM AND TESSA WILL BE IN IT. (I know you may have been confused by the use of 'WILL' in that sentence, the tears will never stop falling). I love all the crossovers with this series and TID, and that is all I want to read in this book. Bring on Jessa feels and The Dark Artifices

The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass

Expected Publication Date: May 6th 2014*

Official Cover
After the somewhat disappointing sequel The Elite, hopefully Kiera Cass can bring it all home in her final book in The Selection Trilogy. Entitled 'The One' it is pretty safe to say that America will end up being the Princess of Illea, married to the perfect Maxon. But there are many loose ends to tie up. What is the point of the rebels? What will happen with Aspen? And what is up with America's father? The lack of world building, especially to do with the Northern and Southern rebels in the first two books will have to be thoroughly explained and dealt with, in order to make this the perfect ending to a series with so much potential. Can America stop being so annoying (i.e. The Elite) and face her feelings without ruining everything? Will definitely be reading to find out!



The Guard (The Selection #2.5) by Kiera Cass

Expected Publication Date: February 4th 2014*

Official Novella Cover
To accompany The One comes this novella. Following in the fashion of The Prince from 2013, this book is from the perspective of the palace guard, Aspen, America's childhood love interest. I think there is nothing in this novella that could convince me that Aspen is perfect for America, although I am hoping I am not swayed. Hopefully Cass divulges a new character or potential love interest for Aspen so he can leave America alone. I'm definitely more excited for the teaser for the final book which will be attached to the end of this. A paperback version of the two novellas will also be released at this time.

Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi

Expected Publication Date: February 4th 2014*

Official Cover
Released the same date as The Guard which will cause some cheating on some of my favourite characters, the final book in the Shatter Me series will shatter my heart, no doubt. After the end of the Fracture Me novella I am solidly on Warner's side, like Adam is just boring, and he will always be putting his brother infront of his weak love for Juliette. But who knows what will happen! I love this story and can't wait to see what happens, the first two books were two of my favourite reads of 2013.

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins

Expected Publication Date: March 13th 2014**

Official Cover
I feel like this may be *the* book for 2014. The final book in Stephanie Perkins' series which started with Anna and the French Kiss, where all the characters from the previous books come together. I can't wait. Although, I must say that Lola wasn't as good as Anna, I'm still hoping that this final book can get back up to the amazing standard of the first one. If you haven't read this series, you have to, especially before this book comes out. For fans of romance, travel/foreign cities and teenage drama/young adult.


So what do you think? Did I miss anything? Are my opinions all utter crap? Let me know. Happy reading!

*All dates may change, and are correct according to Goodreads 27/12/13
** There are many discrepancies about the date this book will be released. The earlier the better, really. And March 13th would be a great birthday present for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment