Saturday 25 January 2014

#Goodreads

In response to Bookables' (who you should all definitely subscribe to) Goodreads tag, I have decided to complete my own, because I *love* (like, really love) Goodreads.

1. What was the last book you read?
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - ★★★★★


Such an amazing book, I read it in one day, my review will be posted (hopefully) soon.

2. What book are you currently reading?
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


I'm a bit less than halfway through this book. I haven't been loving it as much as I thought I would, there are some parts which are fantastic, and some parts which are a bit slow. Once I finish it, there will be a review (again, hopefully. Still seeing how this blog is actually going...)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - ★★★★★



I started rereading this book just before the movie was released in Australia in early January. However, I only got about 100 pages in before getting distracted by other books, so we'll see if I return to it soon. Otherwise, I'll move it back to my read shelf.

3. What was the last book you marked as to-read?
The Invisible Circus by Jennifer Egan


4. What book do you plan to read next?
We'll see, really. But on the top of my list are:
Wonder by R.J. Palacio


How to Convince a Boy to Kiss You by Tara Eglington


Wildlife by Fiona Wood



5. Do you use a star rating system?
Yes I do:
☆☆☆☆ - Books I didn't enjoy at all, either didn't finish or had to push myself an insane amount to finish, not worth the effort. 
☆ - Books I didn't see the appeal of and thought were not engaging and boring, was still able to enjoy it a little.
★★★☆ - Okay books, didn't love them.
★ - One of the best books I have ever read, amazing, I would reread this again in a heartbeat, would recommend to all my friends.


6. Are you doing a 2014 Reading Challenge?
Yes! I have challenged myself to read 60 books this year. Last year I read 53/50 books for the challenge, so I just increased the number by a small amount, I think it's achievable, I hope I get to the goal.


7. Do you have a wishlist?
Yes, some include:
Harry Potter Companion Books by J.K. Rowling
Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
Code Name Variety by Elizabeth Wein
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

8. What book do you want to buy next?
Probably Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (cause its on my wishlist ya know)

9. Do you have any favourite quotes? Share them.
"If you weren't driving, I'd kiss you senseless," I tell him.
He swerves to the side of the road and stops the car abruptly. 
"Not driving any more."
- Melina Marchetta, On the Jellicoe Road

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." 
- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

"I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." 
- Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

10. Do you have any favourite authors?
Melina Marchetta, John Green, Cassandra Clare, Stephenie Meyer, Markus Zusak, Richelle Mead, Veronica Roth, Rainbow Rowell...

11. Have you joined any groups?
The Rory Gilmore Book Club
I was also in this YA something bookclub but I left cause they kept sending me stupid emails.


I hope you enjoyed reading my answers! Don't forget to be my friend on Goodreads, and leave a link to your Goodreads tag below.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment