Saturday 21 June 2014

#PTALive Sydney

Last Monday was Penguin Teen Australia's Live Event at Event Cinemas George Street. This was a free event hosted by the publishing company. Basically what they did was they talked about the most popular Penguin Teen books at the moment (including The Fault in Our Stars, Vampire Academy, etc) and discussed the film adaptations. They then went on to a new book being released in July by Kylie Fornasier, an Australian author, called Masquerade [GOODREADS]. Kylie was at the event, where she talked about her book, her inspiration for writing and the process she went through to get her book published by Penguin. The book sounds great, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Kylie also posed for photos with fans and answered questions. The event then went on to outline the big releases for the rest of the year, including Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5), The Revenge of Seven and Isla and the Happily Ever After to name a few. It was a great night and I'm really glad I went. Books Kinokuniya were also present and were selling books 20% off the RRP.

At the event, they were giving away some free copies of some books, so I thought I'd share them with you, because I can't wait to read them.

The first one was:
The Cinderella Moment by Jennifer Kloester
I don't really know a lot about this book, but I know it's quite popular because I've been seeing it around in Dymocks and Big W for months (the spine is really pretty, and I always find myself picking it out of bookshelves). So I was pretty happy to get my hands on this. From what I can tell, it is your average YA contemporary, set in Paris, involving fashion and romance and stuff. Really, I'm not too sure. But I also know that the author is Australian, and the sequel is being released soon, which I'm also excited about! It seems like one of those books that you just fly through and have heaps of fun along the way. [GOODREADS]

Popular: A Memoir by Maya Van Wagenen
I hadn't really heard much about this before I received this at #PTALive, but some of my friends have heard about it, and some Booktubers have been discussing it. From what I've gathered, this books is written by Maya Van Wagenen, a 15-year-old American girl who is the youngest person to have her novel optioned for film. This book is her eighth grade diary, where she shares her everyday experiences at school. Now that I know a little more about this book, I am definitely very excited to read it! [GOODREADS]

And the book I'm most excited for:
Half Bad by Sally Green
That's *Sally* Green. Okay. Don't get confused.
This book looks freaking awesome, and that's just from the awesome reversible up-side-down covers! I've heard a lot of good things about this book, and that it had very high expectations worldwide before it was even released. This is the first book in a new series and it is about witches. To be honest, I don't know much about witch books, and I haven't read any books about them, really. So I am both a bit skeptical and a bit excited to try this book. However, I get the feeling this won't be on the top of my to-read pile, but hopefully I'll get around to it soon (my to-read pile is behind Half Bad in the photo, so you can see how big it is). I was so excited to get my hands on this book! Has anyone else read it? Would you recommend it? [GOODREADS]

Don't forget to follow/like Penguin Teen:
[WEBSITE]
[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER]

And don't forget to be my friend on [GOODREADS]

No comments:

Post a Comment